For more than a decade, HSMAI's Resort Best Practices Initiative has been the most unique data-sharing market research cooperative in the resort industry. It provides subscribers resort-specific benchmarks as well as up-to-date information on current best practices and future trends in sales, marketing, and revenue optimization, giving participating resorts invaluable, actionable insights.
Resorts see demonstrated ROI on their subscriptions and engagement, and benefit from their access to effective, proven resort-based strategies as well as the network of other similar resorts facing the same issues and obstacles.
The initiative tracks sales and marketing benchmarks while providing subscribers insights on the most important issues of the day.
- 2018 Annual Roundtable
- Subscriber Benefits
- Subscription Information
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Join directors of sales, marketing, and revenue management from independent resorts focused on the affluent, luxury travel sector for a day of candid, relevant, and actionable conversation and best practices sharing. Subscribe today.
Resort Best Practices Annual Roundtable
Tuesday, February 20, 2018 | 9:00 am – 4:30pm
New York City, NY
Basin Harbor Resort & Boat Club
Canyon Ranch Wellness Resort
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Hershey Resorts – Hershey Lodge & The Hotel Hershey
- Hotel del Coronado
Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Mohonk Mountain House
The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa
Stoweflake Resort & Conference Center
Turning Stone Resort Casino
- The Villas of Grand Cyress
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Woodstock Inn & Resort
Annual subscriptions include the two most-valued, and highly-desirable aspects of the initiative from its past 10 years of operations:
- Annual Face-to-Face Roundtable Meeting
- Co-hosted by HSMAI and the Resort Hotel Association (RHA), this meeting is attended by the Directors of Sales, Marketing, and/or Revenue Management of subscribing resorts.
- It is a not-to-be-missed opportunity to meet with peers to discuss current benchmarking studies and other topics that are pertinent to resort executives, to connect with colleagues, and engage in remarkable dialogue about important trends and best practices.
- The next meeting will be held in New York City on February 20, 2018, the day before HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference.
- The 2018 meeting is closed to subscribers only. Subscribe today.
- Exclusive Annual Benchmarking Report
- With each subscriber reporting data (the confidentiality of which is highly guarded), each resort receives a personalized report along with a summary of overall findings, focused on key sales and marketing metrics and benchmarks.
- Marketing metrics benchmarked include:
- Room Revenue as % of Resort Revenue
- S&M Spend as % of Total Resort Revenue
- S&M Spend a % of Room Revenue
- S&M Efficiency: Room Revenue per $1 of S&M Spend
- S&M Efficiency: Total Resort Revenue per $1 of S&M Spend
- Online % Total Marketing Budget
- Online Efficiency: Room Revenue per $1 of Online Spend
- Online Efficiency: Total Revenue per $1 of Online Spend
- Total Resort Revenue per S&M FTE
- Room Revenue per S&M FTE
Please complete and return the Resort Best Practices Commitment Form, which outlines the subscription program, benefits, and cost ($500 per year).
For inquiries including subscription information and partnership opportunities, please contact Juli Jones at email@example.com or +1 703.506.3276.