Are you working on digital marketing in the hotel industry? Looking for an edge to set you apart from your peers? Prove your skills and experience by earning a globally-recognized certification administered by HSMAI.
Created by hoteliers for hoteliers, the CHDM recognizes digital marketing professionals for their expertise in leveraging digital channels to maximize online revenues. CHDMs are the digital marketing experts hotels need today.
WHO is the CHDM for? | HOW does it work? | HOW MUCH does it cost? | WHAT topics are covered? | Questions?
This is the certification for hospitality sales, marketing, and revenue management professionals who want to:
- demonstrate their proficiency globally
- expand their current role or move into a digital role
- upskill and become more proficient
- better understand how digital marketing intersects with and impacts their areas of responsibility
Today’s CHDMs carry many titles including:
- Director of eCommerce
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Director of Revenue Management
- Corporate & regional hotel marketer
- Agency employees who want to upskill on the digital field in hospitality
- General Manager
- Asset Manager
"Best Western International is putting 50 of our marketing professionals through HSMAI's Certified Hospitality Digital Marketer program as a means of affirming their knowledge of digital marketing channels."
- Dorothy Dowling, SVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Best Western International
Associates and Franchisees from Best Western Hotels & Resorts and from Marriott International, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a company-specific application.
2. Once your application is approved, you will receive a digital copy of Hospitality Digital Marketing Essentials: A Field Guide for Navigating Today’s Digital Landscape, the study guide for the CHDM certification.
3. When you are ready, take the 50-question, multiple-choice exam online at any time, 24/7. You'll have 60 minutes to answer all 50 questions.
4. Pass the exam and take a well-deserved bow!
5. Recertify every two years to keep your certification valid (you do NOT have to take another exam, just confirm that you are still working in the digital marketing field, and continue to stay current with it as it evolves).
The registration fee includes application processing, the CHDM Study Guide, and the exam.
|Recertification Fee (every 2 years)||$150||$200|
Inquire about volume discounts through Kathy Tindell at 703-506-2010 or email@example.com.
Hospitality Digital Marketing Essentials: A Field Guide for Navigating Today’s Digital Landscape, the study guide for the CHDM certification, is organized into six sections:
- Owned Media
- Earned Media
- Paid Media
- Digital Intermediaries
- Trending Topics
- Measuring & Managing Digital Performance
Topics covered include:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Analytics & Attribution Modeling
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Content & Merchandising
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Email Marketing
- Group Intermediaries
- Location-Based Marketing
- Loyalty & Recognition
- Mobile Websites & Marketing
- Online Travel Agencies & OTA Paid Media
- Paid Search
- Programmatic Display Media
- Reviews & Reputation Management
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media
- The Hotel Website
- Vendor Management
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, & 360 Views
- Voice Search & Chatbots
- Website Analytics
- And more! See the table of contents and introduction for more details.
Contact Kathleen Tindell | firstname.lastname@example.org | 703-506-2010