February 28, 2014
McLean, Va. (February 28, 2014) – The Foundation of the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) today released the list of its 2014 Foundation Board of Trustees. Among the 16 board members, 12 have sustained positions from the 2013 board and will continue to serve the organization in 2014.
Vail Brown, vice president, global business development & marketing, STR, will continue to serve as the chair for the Foundation Board of Trustees for a second year.
“The HSMAI Foundation Board of Directors is comprised of seasoned hospitality sales and marketing professionals who champion the HSMAI Foundation mission to elevate our current research and educational opportunities for our members and member prospects,” said Fran Brasseux, executive director of the HSMAI Foundation. “We look forward to a great 2014 with our tenured Foundation Board of Trustees and those joining this exciting group.”
HSMAI Foundation Board of Directors:
- Chair: Vail Brown, vice president, global business development & marketing, STR
- Chair Elect: John Fareed, CHME, ISHC, principal, John Fareed Hospitality Consulting
- Treasurer: Christine Hight, senior director, market research, Hilton Worldwide
- Douglas Abbott: director sales effectiveness, worldwide sales, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Victoria Borton: general manager and senior vice president, Travel Media Group, USA Today
- Patrick Bosworth: co-founder and CEO, Duetto Research
- Michael Dominguez: senior vice president, corporate hotel sales, MGM Resorts International
- Rick Garlick: practice lead, global hospitality and travel group, JD Power
- Cindy Estis Green: co-founder and CEO, Kalibri Labs
- Nick Johnson: president, Gotham
- Gary Leopold, CHME: president and CEO, ISM
- Theresa Lewis: vice president, market research, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Tammy Lucas: managing director, advertising & digital commerce, Best Western International
- Brian Payea: head of industry relations, TripAdvisor
- Cathy Hartman: consumer insights advisor, marketing and digital, Marriott International, Inc.
- Betty Wilson: vice president, North America divisional sales, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Established in 1983, the HSMAI Foundation's mission is to develop knowledge and insights for the future to fuel sales, inspire marketing and optimize revenue. As a resource for hospitality sales and marketing professionals, the HSMAI Foundation develops in-depth studies concerning industry trends and best practices. In addition, the Foundation sponsors the HSMAI Knowledge Center, a database of articles, presentations, templates, multimedia and other educational materials from industry leaders, and provides scholarships for students pursuing degrees in hospitality sales, marketing and revenue management.
In 2014, the HSMAI Foundation’s body of work will include a new study on the Evolution of Sales in a special report, as well as Leadership Insights from HSMAI’s Executive Roundtables on Sales, Marketing, Digital Marketing and Revenue Management, and scholarship programs supported by American Express and the InterContinental Hotels Group. The HSMAI Foundation is also Publishing Partner on the new Hotel Yearbook 2014: Digital Marketing.
For additional information on the HSMAI Foundation, visit: www.hsmaifoundation.org.
About HSMAI Foundation
Established in 1983 to serve as the research and educational arm of the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International, the HSMAI Foundation's mission is to develop knowledge and insights for the future to fuel sales, inspire marketing and optimize revenue. For more information on the HSMAI Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) organization, visit www.hsmaifoundation.org.
# # #