For more than a decade, HSMAI's Resort Best Practices Initiative has been the most unique data-sharing market research cooperative in the resort industry. It provides subscribers resort-specific benchmarks as well as up-to-date information on current best practices and future trends in sales, marketing, and revenue optimization, giving participating resorts invaluable, actionable insights.
Resorts see demonstrated ROI on their subscriptions and engagement, and benefit from their access to effective, proven resort-based strategies as well as the network of other similar resorts facing the same issues and obstacles.
The initiative tracks sales and marketing benchmarks while providing subscribers insights on the most important issues of the day.
- 2017 Annual Roundtable
- Subscriber Benefits
- Past Subscribers
- Subscription Information
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Join directors of sales, marketing, and revenue management from independent resorts focused on the affluent, luxury travel sector for a day of candid, relevant, and actionable conversation and best practices sharing.
Resort Best Practices Annual Roundtable
Tuesday, February 21, 2016 | 10:00 am – 4:30pm
New York City, NY
For complete details, and to register, go to the Resort Best Practices Annual Roundtable online.
- The Ahwahnee Hotel
- Atlantis, Paradise Island
- Basin Harbor Club
- Big Cedar Lodge
- The Breakers
- The Broadmoor
- Canyon Ranch
- Cap Juluca
- Colonial Williamsburg Hotels
- Crystal Springs Resort
- El Cid Resorts
- Enchantment Resort & Mii amo Spa
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Grand Hotel
- The Greenbrier
- Hershey Resorts
- Hotel del Coronado
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort
- Kingsmill Resort
- La Costa Resort and Spa
- Maddens on Gull Lake
- Mohonk Mountain House
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Omni Bedford Springs Resort & Spa
- The Otesaga Resort Hotel
- Peter Island Resort
- PGA National
- Pinehurst Resort
- Royal Palms Resort and Spa
- The Sagamore
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa
- Steamboat Grand Resort & Conference Center
- Sunriver Resort
- Tenaya Lodge
- Terrenea Resort
- Trapp Family Lodge
- Turning Stone Resort & Casino
- Turtle Bay Resort
- Water Color Inn and Resort
- Wild Dunes Resort
- The Woodstock Inn & Resort
Starting in 2017, annual subscriptions will include the two most-valued, and highly-desirable aspects of the initiative from its past 10 years of operations:
- Annual Face-to-Face Roundtable Meeting
- Co-hosted by HSMAI and the Resort Hotel Association (RHA), this meeting is attended by the Directors of Sales, Marketing, and/or Revenue Management of subscribing resorts.
- It is a not-to-be-missed opportunity to meet with peers to discuss current benchmarking studies and other topics that are pertinent to resort executives, to connect with colleagues, and engage in remarkable dialogue about important trends and best practices.
- The next meeting will be held in New York City on February 21, 2017, the day before HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference.
- The 2017 meeting will be open to all interested resort representatives -- no subscription is required to attend.
- Exclusive Annual Benchmarking Report
- With each subscriber reporting data (the confidentiality of which is highly guarded), each resort will receive a personalized report along with a summary of overall findings, focused on key sales and marketing metrics and benchmarks.
- Marketing metrics benchmarked include:
- Room Revenue as % of Resort Revenue
- S&M Spend as % of Total Resort Revenue
- S&M Spend a % of Room Revenue
- S&M Efficiency: Room Revenue per $1 of S&M Spend
- S&M Efficiency: Total Resort Revenue per $1 of S&M Spend
- Online % Total Marketing Budget
- Online Efficiency: Room Revenue per $1 of Online Spend
- Online Efficiency: Total Revenue per $1 of Online Spend
- Total Resort Revenue per S&M FTE
- Room Revenue per S&M FTE
We are updating the best practices subscription program, benefits, and costs and will have detailed information at the annual meeting in February 2017.
For inquiries including subscription information and partnership opportunities, please contact Juli Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 703.506.3276.