January 9, 2013
McLean, Va. (January 9, 2013) – The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) today announced its 10th annual list of the “Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales & Marketing” as part of its annual Adrian Awards Reception and Gala at the New York Marriott Marquis on Jan. 28.
“On the 10th anniversary of the Top 25, HSMAI is privileged to honor those who strive to strengthen the hospitality sales and marketing profession,” said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president & CEO of HSMAI. “We owe a great deal to these professionals who consistently demonstrated ingenuity, diligence and a heightened knowledge of the industry throughout their work.”
Those included in the “Top 25” list have made ground-breaking contributions to the hospitality, travel and tourism industries, and will be recognized during a private ceremony co-sponsored by Expedia Media Solutions and during the Adrian Awards Gala.
A panel of senior industry executives selected the 2012 “Top 25” recipients based on recent work meeting the following criteria: creativity and innovation; cutting edge sales or marketing campaigns; triumph in challenging situations; and sales efforts that resulted in dramatic gains.
The 2012 HSMAI “Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales & Marketing” are as follows:
- Anil Aggarwal: CEO, Milestone Internet Marketing Inc.
- Uri Argov: Founder & CEO, Tourico Holidays Inc., a Travel Holdings Co.
- Brian Best: Corporate Vice President of e-Commerce, Boyd Gaming Corp.
- James Boyd: Vice President, Public Relations, Americas Region, Singapore Airlines
- Elizabeth P. Cambra: Corporate Director, Pricing & Revenue Optimization, Outrigger Hotels and Resorts
- Lawrence Cassenti: Senior Manager, Marketing & e-Commerce, Marriott International
- Sloan F. Dean III: Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- Nancy Deck: Vice President, Multi-Brand & Loyalty Marketing, Hilton Worldwide
- Gareth Gaston: Senior Vice President, Global e-Commerce, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Melissa Graves: Director of Revenue, Platinum Hotel and Spa, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Cedar Hames: CEO & Chief Strategy Officer, Paradise Advertising & Marketing Inc.
- John Lee: Vice President, Brand Marketing, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Worldwide
- Marina MacDonald: Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Red Roof Inn
- David Pavelko: Head of Travel, Google Inc.
- Garth Peterson: Regional Director of Sales, IDeaS Revenue Solutions
- Donna Quadri-Felitti, Ph.D.: Clinical Associate Professor, New York University, Tisch Center for Hospitality, Tourism & Sports Management
- Andre Rojer: Marketing Manager, North America, Curaçao Tourist Board
- Mark Sergot: Vice President, Global Sales, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Steven Sickel: Senior Vice President, Distribution & Relationship Marketing, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Maureen Siman: Executive Director, Public Relations, Revel
- Craig Smith: Managing Director, Communications, Best Western International
- Chris Thompson: President & CEO, Brand USA
- Brian Tkac: Senior Vice President of Marketing & Sales, Hostmark Hospitality Group
- Leigh von der Esch: Managing Director, Utah Office of Tourism
- George Zimmermann: Vice President, Travel Michigan, Michigan Economic Development Corp.
Tables and tickets for the HSMAI Adrian Awards Dinner Reception and Gala are still available for purchase. For additional information on the HSMAI Adrian Awards and “Top 25” list visit, www.adrianawards.com.
Following the Adrian Awards, HSMAI will host its Digital Marketing Strategy Conference on Jan. 29, also at the New York Marriott Marquis. The one-day interactive conference is comprised of subject-matter experts and thought leaders discussing all things digital marketing. Attendees will learn how to maximize resources and streamline digital strategies through real-world experiences from the speakers on topics such as social, mobile, local, Web and traditional marketing.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI’s MEET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org, www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
Lindsay Stout, Edelman, 214-443-7586, Lindsay.Stout@edelman.com
Natalie Wilson, Edelman, 214-443-7588, Natalie.Wilson@edelman.com