August 24, 2012
McLean, Va. (August 22, 2012) – The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), today announces the re-launch of its website – www.hsmai.org – featuring a new Knowledge Center, fueled by the HSMAI Foundation, featuring insights, tools and resources segmented for fueling sales, inspiring marketing and optimizing revenue.
“As the travel and hospitality industry’s leading professional association, we have strived to develop all aspects and tools of our organization, including our website, with our members and those in our industry in mind and to provide them with the latest resources for professional and business development,” said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI. “The resource-rich site provides a clear road map and robust search engine to insights, not just information.”
Throughout the past year, HSMAI has unveiled several enhancements, including its new mission; a fresh logo that symbolizes HSMAI’s three core pillars: fueling sales, inspiring marketing and optimizing revenue; a restructured digital weekly newsletter, HSMAI Insights, that delivers relevant and timely insights to members with sections specifically focused on its three core pillars; as well as a new name and mission for the organization’s renowned conference series HSMAI’s MEET, formerly Affordable Meetings.
Gilbert added, “The concise website, which we feel will be an invaluable resource, is one of the final pieces of our rebranding, and all of the enhancements we’ve made over the past year support our commitment and our mission: To grow business for hotels and their partners by fueling sales, inspiring marketing, and optimizing revenue."
The tablet and mobile-friendly revamped website now includes:
- The Knowledge Center: Fueled by the HSMAI Foundation, this pivotal tool is the successor to the eConnect site and will offer HSMAI members exclusive resources including templates, insights, articles, multimedia presentations and white papers from HSMAI and leading industry publications and experts. All items in the Knowledge Center are accessible by search, with some content restricted to HSMAI members only. Members can save items to their own libraries and even rate or comment on posted materials.
- My HSMAI: My HSMAI is now each member’s personalized page. Members can keep track of their membership details including when to renew, see what’s new based on set content preferences, visit chapter websites, search for fellow members and more.
- Trends & Research: Trends & Research area details the most-recent Foundation initiatives, research and publications.
- Career Development: Members and industry professionals can access details on how to attain one of HSMAI’s highly regarded certifications and stay abreast of webinars and other educational opportunities through HSMAI University.
- Events: Site visitors can now access a bank of upcoming HSMAI, chapter and industry events, and view a calendar of upcoming events, webinars, conferences and executive roundtables.
- News: Features news from HSMAI including press releases, photos from events; video interviews with HSMAI leaders, links to where HSMAI is “In the News,” as well as resources for the media.
“The overall website is structured for HSMAI members to make the most of their membership, personalize it to their preferences and to provide industry professionals access to resources offered by HSMAI and the HSMAI Foundation,” said Fran Brasseux, Executive Vice President, HSMAI, CHSE, CHBA. “The HSMAI Foundation is proud to be part of this important new industry resource, and our board is passionate about funding research and special reports to provide insights and knowledge to help sales and marketing professionals continually drive revenue opportunities. The new website delivers visitors with additional structure and customization of news content, the ability to differentiate among HSMAI’s primary pillars, and offers enhanced search and sort capabilities.”
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI’s MEET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org, www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
About HSMAI Foundation
Established in 1983 to serve as the research and educational arm of the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International, the HSMAI Foundation's mission is to develop knowledge and insights for the future to fuel sales, inspire marketing and optimize revenue. For more information on the HSMAI Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) organization, visit www.hsmaifoundation.org
# # #
Lindsay Stout, Edelman, 214-443-7586, firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Wilson, Edelman, 214-443-7588, email@example.com