October 11, 2018
At this year’s Phocuswright Conference in Los Angeles, Phocuswright is partnering with the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) to host a ThinkTank on innovation featuring top hospitality companies. The ThinkTank, which will be held on Tuesday, November 13, will include research presented by HSMAI president and CEO Bob Gilbert as well as a panel with three C-level hospitality executives, who will share their perspectives on hospitality marketing innovation.
The Phocuswright Conference features the biggest names in the travel industry, with a focus on technology, innovation, and the best networking in travel.
The hospitality marketing innovation ThinkTank will be interactive, with opportunities for participants to answer questions and share conclusions.
Phocuswright’s senior vice president, sales and marketing, Pete Comeau says, “We are excited to partner with HSMAI to bring together sales and marketing leaders in the hospitality industry to discuss innovation in hospitality marketing. We look forward to working with HSMAI and hospitality executives to learn about key innovation initiatives moving the industry forward.”
HSMAI president and CEO Bob Gilbert adds, “In 2018, HSMAI has made innovation in hospitality marketing a key focus area. We are excited to facilitate a session dedicated to identifying sources and best practices of innovation from executives attending this year’s Phocuswright Conference.”
The hotel/hospitality sector is especially well represented at this year’s Phocuswright Conference, and attendees will have the opportunity to hear from and meet with numerous executives, innovators and investors who directly interface with the hotel industry.
A few sessions of note:
- Keynote: Maud Bailly, Accor Hotels
Strong leadership and fresh ideas have energized Europe's largest hotel company as it bravely navigates the digital age. Find out how Accor's chief digital officer is nurturing talent and creating a culture that will redefine the chain's role in global hotel distribution for years to come.
- Executive Interview: Kellyn Smith Kenny, Hilton Hotels
- Hospitality distribution, direct booking campaigns, loyalty programs, and evolving the hotel guest experience are only a few items at the top of this new CMO's agenda. Listen in on fresh ideas and what's to come for the hospitality giant.
- In a special joint presentation, STR and Phocuswright will be presenting key hotel trends based on benchmarking data that will bring to light their projections for the hotel industry. Hoteliers will be invited to participate based on limited availability.
- The Most Innovative Pitches in Travel
- Phocuswright is travel’s stage for innovation. The demonstrating companies represent the most innovative in two categories: Innovation Summit (young companies) and Launch (established companies). The program is packed with market-changing innovations presented in a fast-paced, no-holds-barred environment.
- Plus, it’s a benefit to the hotel sector to hear from Booking Holding’s Glenn Fogel, Ctrip’s Cindy Wang, TripAdvisor’s Stephen Kaufer and much more.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals and their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI Digital Marketing Strategy Conference, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. Founded in 1927 and celebrating 90 years in 2017, HSMAI is a membership organization comprising more than 5,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at https://www.hsmai.org, www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai, and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
Phocuswright is the travel industry research authority on how travelers, suppliers, and intermediaries connect. Phocuswright fosters smart strategic planning, tactical decision-making, and organizational effectiveness and delivers qualitative and quantitative research on the evolving dynamics that influence travel, tourism, and hospitality distribution. To complement its primary research in North and Latin America, Europe, and Asia, Phocuswright produces several high-profile conferences in the United States, Europe, and Asia Pacific, and partners with conferences in China, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates. Phocuswright also operates PhocusWire, a media service that covers the world of digital travel 365 days a year with a range of news, analysis, commentary and opinion from across the travel, tourism and hospitality sector. The company is headquartered in the United States with Asia Pacific operations based in India and local analysts on five continents.