Complementing the work of HSMAI's chapters, HSMAI's expert communities connect members with common interests across geographic boundaries in the America's region. Each expert community is led by an advisory board or council which guides HSMAI's strategic direction as it relates to their dedicated subject matter, resulting in face-to-face and virtual education, special resources, insights, and more that are specific to their particular area of expertise.
If you are interested in joining one of these advisory boards or councils, watch for the call for applications that is released to all HSMAI members in August of each year. All HSMAI members, with the exception of student members, are eligible to serve.
Contact information for advisory board members is available through the HSMAI membership directory (members only). If you are not yet an HSMAI member but would like to speak with an advisory board member about the advantages of membership, contact Juli Jones at (703) 506-3276 for assistance.
The Sales Advisory Board's 2014 members include:
- Chair: Ron Loman, Vice President of Sales, Crestline Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
- D.C. Becker, Senior Vice-President, Global Sales & Marketing, Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- Emily Boring, Director of Sales & Catering, The Inn at Cherry Creek
- Carol Bullock, Global Vice President of Sales, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
- Brian Burton, CRME, CHSE, Senior Director, Sales & Revenue Strategy, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Michelle Crosby, CMP, National Sales Manager, Allied PRA Dallas/Fort Worth
- Katie Davin, CHSE, Associate Professor, Johnson & Wales University-Providence
- Wendy Ferrill, Vice President, Worldwide Sales NA, Best Western International
- Jenny Heger, CHSE, Sales Manager, The Saint Paul Hotel
- Lee Horgan, EVP of Sales, Newmarket International
- Rodahl Leong-Lyons, VP of Sales-Americas, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Linda Maurer, Director of National Accounts- Northeast, Terranea Resort
- Erik McDonald, CHSP, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, TPG Hospitality
- James Mostad, Director of Sales, The Breakers
- Cindy Novotny, CHSE, Managing Partner, Master Connection Associates
- Mary Patton, Director, Groups and Meetings, IHG
- Mark Sergot, Vice President, Global Sales, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Ed Skapinok, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Hostmark Hospitality Group
- Christine Wight, Leisure Sales Manager, Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
The Marketing Advisory Board will be announced in the first half of 2013. Stay tuned for additional information.
Digital Marketing Council
Formed in 2003, HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Council connects travel marketers in a way that leverages interactive customer engagement as a marketing medium while increasing the awareness of emerging issues, opportunities and trends. This is accomplished through a wide range of information sharing, networking and educational opportunities. 2014 members include:
- Chair: Paolo Torchio, CHDM, VP, E-marketing and Revenue Consulting, Sabre Hospitality Solutions
- Robert Arnold, Vice President, Sales, VIZERGY
- John Atkins, Principal, Digital DNA Infusion, LLC
- Michael Bennett, VP, Marketing, KSL Resorts
- Christine Beuchert, Sr. Director Of Marketing & Ecommerce Strategy, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Felipe Carreras, CHDM, Senior Manager, eBusiness, Best Western International
- Jason Ewell, Executive Vice President, Business Intelligence, Media and Web Solutions, TravelClick, Inc.
- Isaac Gerstenzang, CHDM, Assistant Vp Of Corporate E-commerce, Destination Hotels & Resorts
- Loren Gray, Director of E-Commerce, Ocean Properties Ltd.
- Adele Gutman Milne, VP Sales, Marketing and Revenue, Library Hotel Collection
- Jay Hubbs, Senior Vice President, eCommerce, Remington Hotels
- Stuart Levy, PHD, CHDM, Professor, George Washington University
- Jaclyn Loo, Senior Marketing Manager, Google Inc.
- Darlene Rondeau, Vp, Best Practices, Online Merchandising, VFM Leonardo.com
- Amy Severson, Senior Director, Industry Relations, Expedia, Inc.
- Max Starkov, President & CEO, HeBS Digital
- Aaron Stenhoff, Director, Marketing And E-commerce, Red Roof Inns
- Tim Sullivan, VP Digital Marketing + Advertising, Cendyn
- Monty White, CHSC, Marketing Manager, Irving TX CVB
- Peter Winkler, Director, eCommerce, Preferred Hotel Group
- Paul Wood, CRME, CHBA, Vice President Of Revenue Generation, Greenwood Hospitality Group
- Holly Zoba, CHDM, Senior Vice President Of Hospitality Sales, Signature Worldwide
Formed in 2000, the Revenue Management Advisory Board is advancing the Revenue Management discipline by providing leading education, a best practices exchange, thought leadership and networking for revenue management professionals, other sales and marketing professionals, and senior management in the hospitality industry. 2014 members include:
- Chair: Kathleen Cullen, CRME, Vice President Revenue & Distribution, Commune Hotels & Resorts
- Calvin Anderson, Director of Revenue, The Lexington New York City
- Chris K. Anderson, Professor, Cornell University
- Veronica Andrews, Director of Active Data, STR
- Vish Bhatia, Vice President Revenue Optimization, Aston Hotels & Resorts LLC
- Patrick Bosworth, CRME, Co-Founder, CEO, Duetto
- Bonnie E. Buckhiester, President & CEO, Buckhiester Management Limited
- Tom Buoy, CRME, EVP Pricing and Revenue Optimization, Extended Stay Hotels
- Janelle Cornett, Regional Director, Revenue Management, TPG Hospitality
- Sloan Dean, CRME, Vice President of Revenue Optimization, Ashford Hospitality Trust
- Jon Eliot, CRME, VP of Revenue Management, Premier Hospitality Management
- Neal Fegan, CRME, Executive Director of Revenue Management, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Nick Graham, VP, Hotel, Hotwire, Expedia
- Linda Gulrajani, CRME, Corporate Director of Revenue Management, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Dev Koushik, VP, Global Revenue Optimization, IHG
- Kelly McGuire, Executive Director, Hospitality and Travel Global Practice, SAS Institute Inc.
- Karen McWilliams, Sr. Corp Director of Revenue Strategy, Concord Hospitality Enterprises
- Mark Molinari, CRME, Corporate Vice President of Revenue Management and Distribution, Las Vegas Sands
- Garth Peterson, CRME, Director of Sales, Americas, IDeaS - A SAS COMPANY
- Susan Spencer, Market Director - N. America, ChannelRUSH
- Tim Wiersma, Vice President, Revenue Management, Red Roof Inns, Inc.
- Nicole Young, CRME, Corporate Director Revenue and Sales, SBE