Complementing the work of HSMAI's chapters, HSMAI's expert communities connect members with common interests across geographic boundaries in the America's region. Each expert community is led by an advisory board or council which guides HSMAI's strategic direction as it relates to their dedicated subject matter, resulting in face-to-face and virtual education, special resources, insights, and more that are specific to their particular area of expertise.
If you are interested in joining one of these advisory boards or councils, watch for the call for applications that is released to all HSMAI members in August of each year. All HSMAI members, with the exception of student members, are eligible to serve.
Contact information for advisory board members is available through the HSMAI membership directory (members only). If you are not yet an HSMAI member but would like to speak with an advisory board member about the advantages of membership, contact Juli Jones at (703) 506-3276 for assistance.
The Sales Advisory Board is chaired by Brian Keenan, CMP, Vice President of Sales for MGM Grand.
- D.C. Becker, Senior Vice President Global Sales and Marketing, Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- Carol Bullock, Global Vice President of Sales, Sonesta Hotels and Resorts
- Brian Burton, CRME, Senior Director, Sales & Revenue Strategy, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Renie Cavallari, Chief Inspirational Officer & CEO, Aspire... Marketing & Training
- Katie Davin, CHE, Associate Professor, Johnson & Wales University-Providence
- Brian Keenan, CMP, Vice President of Sales, MGM Grand
- Rodahl Leong-Lyons, VP of Sales Operations, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Ron Loman, Director of Field Sales, Crestline Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
- Erik McDonald, CHSP, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, TPG Hospitality
- James Mostad, Director of Sales, The Breakers
- Mary Patton, Key Account Director, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Mark Sergot, Vice President, Global Sales, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Ed Skapinok, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Hostmark Hospitality Group
The Marketing Advisory Board will be announced in the first half of 2013. Stay tuned for additional information.
Digital Marketing Council
Formed in 2003, HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Council connects travel marketers in a way that leverages interactive customer engagement as a marketing medium while increasing the awareness of emerging issues, opportunities and trends. This is accomplished through a wide range of information sharing, networking and educational opportunities. 2013 members include:
- Chair: Paolo Torchio, VP, E-Marketing and Revenue Consulting, Sabre Hospitality Solutions
- Robert Arnold, Vice President, Sales, VIZERGY
- Michael Bennet, VP, eMarketing, White Lodging
- Kathryn Berkhimer, Senior Interactive Marketing Manager, B F Saul Company
- Heny Gabay, VP of Marketing, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Isaac Gerstenzang, Corporate Director of E-commerce, Destination Hotels & Resorts
- Loren Gray, Director of E-commerce, Ocean Properties Ltd
- Stuart Levy, Ph.D., Professor, The George Washington University
- Bryan Owen, Dir, Creative Services & Interactive Marketing, Hershey Entertainment and Resorts
- Darlene Rondeau, VP, Best Practices, Online Merchandising, VFM Leonardo
- Max Starkov, President & CEO, HeBS Digital (Hospitality eBusiness Strategies)
- Amy Severson, Senior Director, Industry Relations, Expedia, Inc.
- David West, VP of Marketing & Sales, Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau
- Monty White, CHSC, Manager, Content Operations, Irving Texas CVB
- Holly Zoba, SVP - Hospitality, Signature Worldwide
Formed in 2000, the Revenue Management Advisory Board is advancing the Revenue Management discipline by providing leading education, a best practices exchange, thought leadership and networking for revenue management professionals, other sales and marketing professionals, and senior management in the hospitality industry. 2013 members include:
- Co-Chair: Jon Eliot, CRME, CHA, Vice President of Revenue Management, Premier Hospitality Management
- Co-Chair: Sloan Dean, CRME, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- Calvin Anderson, Corporate Director of Revenue Strategy, Alliance Hospitality Management LLC
- Chris K. Anderson, Ph.D., Professor, Cornell University
- Bonnie Buckhiester, President & CEO, Buckhiester Management USA Inc.
- Sheila Cosgrove, Director, Revenue Management Ops & Planning, Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Kathleen Cullen, CRME, Vice President Revenue Strategies, Heritage Hotels and Resorts
- Kent Duncan, CRME, Vice President, Sales & Revenue Strategy, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Tammy Farley, Principal, The Rainmaker Group
- Neal Fegan, CRME, Executive Director of Revenue Management, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Kimberly Furlong, VP Revenue Management, TPG Hospitality
- Nick Graham, Sr. Director Market Management, Expedia, Inc.
- Jay Hubbs
- Burl Hutchison, CRME, Director of Revenue & System Optimization, Sabre Hospitatlity
- Mark Molinari, CRME, Corporate Vice President of Revenue Management and Distribution, Las Vegas Sands
- Garth Peterson, CRME, Regional Director of Sales, IDeaS - A SAS Company
- Mark Robertson, Central Director Revenue Management, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Scott Roby, VP, Revenue Management, Evolution Hospitality
- Susan Spencer, Market Director - N. America, ChannelRUSH
- Trevor Stuart-Hill, CRME, President, Revenue Matters
- Paul Wood, CRME, CHBA, Vice President of Revenue Management, Greenwood Hospitality Group