- Call for Presentations
- General Sessions
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Conference Home
In 2018, it all starts with strategy.
The reality is that good strategy – digital or otherwise – is difficult to formulate. Possibilities are unlimited; time, money, and resources are not. Those hotel marketers who make thoughtful, deliberate choices will design strategies that are long-term enough to gain momentum and flexible enough to respond to the constantly changing digital landscape.
Throughout the Digital Marketing Strategy Conference, you’ll be challenged to:
- Put the smallest decisions about your digital marketing in the context of your company’s broader goals.
- Recognize that relationships – inside and outside of your company – are strategic, to create connections between ideas and people, and to find opportunities to advance your interests at those connection points.
- Increase your likelihood of consistently exceling by embracing the creation of strategy as a journey, not a project.
At the end of the day, you’ll walk away with specific, practical recommendations to sharpen your action plan and thought-provoking, challenging ideas to guide your strategy for tomorrow – all aimed at increasing revenue, driving direct bookings, and taking the agony out of managing digital marketing.
Attendees receive credit for 8 hours of continuing education for CRME and CHDM certification and re-certification. An additional 1 - 5 hours can be earned by participating in pre-conference workshops.
Do you, or someone on your team, have a great story to tell?
HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference planning team is seeking presenters to share lessons learned from a variety of digital initiatives.
You’ll tell your story in 7 minutes – using as many or as few slides, photos, videos, or other visual aids as you’d like. The time is yours to design. Seven minutes goes by fast so you’ll be challenged to be concise, targeted, creative, and visual as you tell the story of your case study, or walk through your unique advice, tip, trick, or technique.
We’re especially interested in true stories that demonstrate driving revenue & profit:
- Best practices with practical takeaways that can be used by digital marketing practitioners to sharpen their every-day skills and boost property performance.
- Strategic insights that broaden attendees’ perspectives and help them better understand key issues and concepts that impact the strategic and leadership aspects of the digital marketing discipline.
All perspectives are welcome – we want to hear from independent hotels, management companies, brands, destinations, industry partners, and technology providers.
Share your ideas for a presentation on this short form by December 1.
It Starts With Why...with Heath Slawner
Any hotel or destination can explain what they do, some can explain how they are different or better, but very few can clearly articulate why. WHY is not about money or profit — those are results. WHY is the thing that inspires us and inspires those around us.
- Explore why what we do becomes more powerful when we know why we do it.
- Learn how the Why can act as a filter, giving us an alternative perspective on our organizations, careers, and even our lives.
- See the reason guest connections through trust and authenticity are vital to a hotel or destination's success.
Executive Insights: It Starts With…Owners
They are ultimately the ones signing all the checks, so in many cases not only does marketing start with owners…it can also end with them. This panel of industry leaders, each with a keen eye for the digital side of the business, will bring their ownership perspectives to bear on the hotel digital marketing landscape and beyond. They will share their insights into how they take the whole ecosystem surrounding their investments into account as they evaluate marketing plans and activities. It is a candid conversation with actionable insights that you’ll only hear at HSMAI – the industry’s only organization committed to fueling sales, inspiring marketing, and optimizing revenue for hotels and their partners.
- Moderated by Dr. Donna Quadri-Felitti, Director and Associate Professor, The Pennsylvania State University School of Hospitality Management, and member of HSMAI's Digital Marketing Council
- John Rosen, Founder/President, Wexford Lodging
- Jeremy McBride, Vice President, GFI Capital Resources Group, Inc.
- Liz Uber, VP of Asset Management, BRE Select
It Starts with Innovation...with Michael Tchong
Michael Tchong is an expert on disruptions that reinvent markets, in particular social media, technology, and marketing trends and innovations that are reshaping our world. His trademark motto is, “I help you catch the next wave before it catches you.” He'll inspire you with remarkable insights into changing consumer and business trends, and challenge your creativity and inventiveness.
Eight breakout sessions will be delivered in 2 tracks:
- The Leadership track is ideally suited to team leaders who wish to broaden their perspectives and better understand emerging issues and concepts that impact the financial and leadership aspects of the marketing discipline.
- The Best Practices track is designed to provide attendees with practical take-aways that can be used by digital marketing practitioners to sharpen their every-day skills and boost property performance.
Detailed descriptions, including speaker information, will be updated regularly. Check back often for the latest details.
|11:00 – 11:35 am||Data & Predictive Analytics||Leadership||Coming soon!|
|11:00 – 11:35 am||Maximizing the Places Where Marketing & Revenue Management Intersect||Best Practices||Coming soon!|
|11:45 am - 12:20 pm||Artificial Intelligence||Leadership||Coming soon!|
|11:45 am - 12:20 pm||Personalizing the Web Experience||Best Practices||Coming soon!|
|2:00 – 2:35 pm||Attribution & Total Cost Allocation||Leadership||Coming soon!|
|2:00 – 2:35 pm||Owned Guest Data to Fuel New Guest Acquisition||Best Practices||Coming soon!|
|2:45 – 3:20 pm||The Evolving Global Stage: Challenges to Marketing as we Know It||Leadership||Coming soon!|
|2:45 – 3:20 pm||Understanding Your Data's Whole Story||Best Practices||Coming soon!|