- General Sessions
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Conference Home
The day will be about maximizing the tools you are using today – whether it is SEO strategy, web presence, mobile, or social – and preparing for what the future will bring. At the end of the day, you’ll walk away with specific, practical recommendations for today and thought-provoking, challenging ideas to guide your strategy for tomorrow – all aimed at increasing revenue, driving direct bookings, and taking the agony out of managing digital marketing.
Attendees receive credit for 8 hours of continuing education for CRME and CHDM certification and re-certification. An additional 1 - 5 hours can be earned by participating in pre-conference workshops.
Opening General Session...with Scott Brinker, author of Hacking Marketing: Agile Practices to Make Marketing Smarter, Faster, and More Innovative
With his book, Hacking Marketing, Scott’s goal was to help marketers at all levels — even those with no technical background or inclination — adapt marketing management to the wild and wonderful whirlwind of a world now dominated by software.
When you realize that marketers are now paddling water up to their chins in websites (software), analytics (software), social media (software), marketing automation (software), interactive content (software), mobile apps (software), and so on, it starts to seem obvious. Software has eaten the world — and marketing too. And this is actually a really good thing.
Software gives us the potential to innovate and scale marketing in highly agile ways that defy the conventional laws of gravity as we knew them in the classical marketing universe. To effectively harness the digital forces of software, we must not only innovate what we produce in marketing, but innovate how we produce it too.
View from the Top
Following the opening keynote, a panel of industry leaders will bring their diverse perspectives to bear on today's hotel landscape, what the future holds for digital marketing in hotels, and other important issues affecting the practice today:
- Moderated by Dr. Lalia Rach, Founder & Partner, Rach Enterprises, and member of HSMAI's Board of Directors
- Dorothy Dowling, SVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Josh Lesnick, EVP and Chief Marketing Officer, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Gary Oster, SVP, US Travel Association
2020 Lightning Round: Peer-to-Peer Case Studies and Insights
Back by popular demand, during this series of short presentations, engage with subject-matter experts and your peers to understand what digital marketing strategies are working, and in what ways. This fast paced format allows you to learn directly from the practitioners behind the case studies. You'll hear from:
- New Data Visualizations to Better SEE (not understand) Hospitality Trends | Sean Cohen, Creative Director, TravelClick
- Building a Hotel Brand through Smart Data Marketing | Jacqueline Maloney, Account Supervisor, HeBS Digital
- Demystifying Analytics | Dr. Kelly McGuire, Vice President Advanced Analytics, Wyndham Destination Network, and member of HSMAI’s Revenue Management Advisory Board
- The Ryder Cup: Activating a Global Event Digitally | Dan O'Neill, Vice President of Strategy and Sales, Bloomington, Minnesota Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Destination British Columbia and the Age of the Digital Concierge | Wendy Olson Killion, Global Senior Director, Business Development, Expedia Media Solutions
- ADA Website Conformity: What You Need to Know | Chris Rockett, Sr. VP of Sales, Milestone Internet Marketing, and member of HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Council
- #freenight: The Power of an Integrated Marketing Campaign | Cassy Scrima, Area Director of Marketing, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
Closing General Session...with Geoff Ramsey, Chairman & Co-Founder, eMarketer
Geoff Ramsey is on the cutting edge of consumer, marketing, and media trends in a digital world. Ramsey will weave together market data and a powerful narrative explaining the critical implications for hotel marketers. He has rich insights and a big-picture perspective into all facets of digital and its impact on marketing, business, and society.
Eight breakout sessions will be delivered in 2 tracks:
- The Leadership track is ideally suited to team leaders who wish to broaden their perspectives and better understand emerging issues and concepts that impact the financial and leadership aspects of the marketing discipline.
- The Best Practices track is designed to provide attendees with practical take-aways that can be used by digital marketing practitioners to sharpen their every-day skills and boost property performance.
Detailed descriptions, including speaker information, will be updated regularly. Check back often for the latest details.
|11:00 – 11:35 am||Macro Trends in Travel||Leadership||Description coming soon
Shaun Aukland, Account Executive, Travel, Google
|11:00 – 11:35 am||Visual Strategy||Best Practices||Description coming soon
Daniel Craig, Founder, Reknown
|11:45 am - 12:20 pm||Demystifying the Digital Marketplace||Leadership||Description coming soon
Cindy Estis Green, CEO and Co-founder, Kalibri Labs
|11:45 am - 12:20 pm||Getting the Right Picture for the Right Storytrack)||Best Practices||Description coming soon
Michael Kleinberg, President, Michael Kleinbery Photography
|2:00 – 2:35 pm||What VR / AR and 360° Mean for the Hospitality Industry||Leadership||Description coming soon
Josh Johnson, Social Media Content Creator, Strategist + Producer
|2:00 – 2:35 pm||Where Social & SEO Meet||Best Practices||Description coming soon
|2:45 – 3:20 pm||Hotel Search and Booking Insights||Leadership||Description coming soon
Catlyn Origitano, Content Marketing Manager, Sojern
|2:45 – 3:20 pm||Making the Most of Facebook||Best Practices||Description and speaker coming soon|